Image Steg Base64 encoding



Moar Steg!

PR: https://github.com/aagarwal1012/Image-Steganography-Library-Android/pull/6
ISSUE: https://github.com/aagarwal1012/Image-Steganography-Library-Android/issues/3



For this issue, we're going to look at why this app doesn't support Chinese characters. From my experience this has to do with byte values involved with the encryption, some characters when encrypted leave the range of readable characters and dataloss occurs. To Prevent this we must implement Base64 encoding on the strings to ensure we don't have this loss.


I ran into a few roadblock in the process, firstly I had to find out where and how the payload for their steg works. My problem was if I base encode the payload with flags, since were looping through the Image pixels on decoding to find the flag its not ideal or great to perform decoding there as well.




What I did was just implemented the encoding on the payload, on both sides encoding and decoding. I had to not use the compression function they were using, I couldn't get it to work with special chars.



Overall the Steg projects have been really fun, they sound challenging, but they make sense!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image-Steganography-Library-Android

Release 0.3

Adding Simple Radios Ends in Bot Madness