Release 0.1

Filing an Issue


 To start we are required to start a new issue, one that we will work on. This is easy, under the issue tab hit the button new issue .

Fork the project as well!


File New Issue

 To start we are required to start a new issue, one that we will work on. This is easy, under the issue tab hit the button new issue .

Fork the project as well!

GIT Stuff:

   Let's first create a local copy of the code








 *This is download for another project, this clone if from the master

 Add Remote:









*adding the remote to my fork

Switch Branch







Writing the Tests Chmod

Our Test will test for an invalid mode, we must place it within an it() block













After we must ensure all tests pass.

Updating Branch

 git push origin issue467

New Pull Request









*cross fork pull request


Peer Review

In class one of my peers were having trouble with writing their test. After I looked over it, I couldn't see anything wrong, so I looked at the documentation for what they are testing and suggested they try and add an encoding scheme flag. For some reason then the test passed, Which after Muchtar looked into more, discovered it was a bug! Im not sure on comments to make as this test exposes a bug.



On my own PC I could replicate the 2 tests proposed by Muchtar one of which passes, other fails, as expected.

Discussion

  I learned alot about Git and Github in the passed 2 weeks. With many attempts and trial and error I was able to learn from the tasks in lab 1 and manage my own project on github for another class. That project I had to create a branch on the master to work on a specific module. 

Issue 467: Adding Test for Chmod mode
https://github.com/filerjs/filer/pull/485

Muchtar's Request (InClass Peer Review / Colab)

https://github.com/filerjs/filer/pull/494
^^
I was really surprised that the bug was found the way it was it found. Was neat to see that making a test exposed the bug.

I also reviews some other blogs, user xwang345, who of which followed me a few days ago






https://medium.com/@xiaochenwang/release-0-1-4b24889a0b0e



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image-Steganography-Library-Android

Adding Simple Radios Ends in Bot Madness

Release 0.3